So today I had a bizarre experience. I went to a four and five year old disco. A disco? What exactly do I mean by “a disco” Well today I went to the kindergarten like I do every Thursday but today was different. It was school vacation. So kindergarten should be closed, right? Wrong. Kindergarten was still open but with a third of the kids . So we had 15 kids and like 8 teachers which was a crazy cool ratio so some of the teacher’s assistants decided to turn one of the classrooms into a disco. All the kids moved to the other classroom and played with logos or made paper snowflakes (3 year olds working with real scissors is totally normal here!). All the while the pedagogues put cardboard boxes on all the windows and cleared one side of the room to make a dance floor. Then they brought in a CD player and speakers for surround sound. Last but not least they found a colorful mini disco ball and a smoke machine. Then the kids in and we had a ridiculous silly dance party. They loved the smoke and the disco light and we played their favorite music MGP (which I think is Scandinavian Kids Bop) they jumped off tables and did summersaults on the floor. After a while the music changed to heavy metal which I wasn't a big fan of bit the kids seemed to enjoy nonetheless. It was kind of crazy though cause the smoke was so thick I could barely see the kids! It was interesting to watch how the kids adjusted to this new atmosphere, some walked in so intimidated by the loud music and dark room. Others just couldn’t wait to dance. I really felt as though this was like Pachanga for 3-5 year olds and afterwards we even had our “Ollie’s” experience, as the head teacher decided to make giant pancakes for everyone, awesome! So after an hour or so the tired danced-out kids sat and ate pancakes and drank tea, out of real glasses. I don’t know if it sounds as ridiculous as it was but I think it proves that dance parties are kinda wonderful no matter your age : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment